Welcome to Peter Doucet's updates from the 2006 World Roller Speed Skating Championships coming to you direct from Anyang, Korea. Updates are planned to be posted on a nightly basis or perhaps less frequently once racing begins. The championships take place September 2nd to the 9th. Peter Doucet & the rest of the Canadian team will leave Canada on August 27th and return on September 11th.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Getting Ready to Leave

Last minute details- making sure my bearings are clean, laundy is done, bags are packed, cats are fed, and that I am rested- that's what I've got to do. Oh, also as you can tell, I am using this fancy blog and getting away from the cheap chezzy looking one that I had before.

I've got all my wheels now. Coach Alex Perrie met Sigrid Ziegler and I yesterday in Toronto. I have like 10 sets of wheels, including matter and MPC.

The Canadian team- we will meet tomorrow morning (7am)at the airport and our flight leaves at 10am. Looks like we're going to be doing what the USA team is doing; we're only allowed to sleep for the first 4-hours of the flight so that we can get accustommed to the time change quickly. I think we might be on the same flight as the USA team because we're both arriving in Korea at 8:20pm on the same day. The cool thing is that we get to stop off in Japan on our way over.

Updating this blog is super easy! Heheh, ok , more news from Korea when I get there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome Peter... this is so much better. You forgot to send me the link BTW. Good luck in Korea, and Happy Birthday!

9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home