Welcome to Peter Doucet's updates from the 2006 World Roller Speed Skating Championships coming to you direct from Anyang, Korea. Updates are planned to be posted on a nightly basis or perhaps less frequently once racing begins. The championships take place September 2nd to the 9th. Peter Doucet & the rest of the Canadian team will leave Canada on August 27th and return on September 11th.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Marathon Part 2

I've uploaded the photos from the marathon here. Here's also a quick video of the senior men's marathon.


Senior women's lead pack in the closing laps


I took this photo of the senior women's sprint about 100-meters from the line. Had I waited about 1 more second, you would have seen like 15 skaters side by side! Colombia's Cecilia Baena (#87) won the gold.


Senior men's start line, about 120 skaters braved the rain and cold.


Eventual winner of the men's senior marathon Joey Mantia (USA) is followed by Spain's G. Lerga (in yellow).


I like this shot that Jesse took of me in front of my group. This was the first marathon at worlds that I didn't get lapped out on!


Colombia's Jorge Botero in his last race at worlds before he retires, leading Italy, Scott Alridge, another Italian, and a skater from Australia (I can't tell if it's Mick Byrne or Danny Finster).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home